Monday, October 28, 2013

The Right to Bear Arms

Apropos the Gun Girls Inc. Sun-Sentinel picture
By Jacques Wiesel
my fury is unabated. How dare the Sun-Sentinel print the picture of a grinning woman and her AK-47? In the past week I’ve interviewed over 20 women,  a majority of which saw the offending photo. The response was unanimous, ergo it’s an abomination to show, and an insult to law-abiding women. Imagine children looking over the paper and seeing what seems acceptable these days. This is a weapon of MASS DESTRUCTION.
One woman called it an UZZI, while another said it was a MACHINE GUN!
I THINK BOTH THE “LADY” AND THE SUN-SENTINEL NEED APOLOGISE TO THE READING PUBLIC, and the editor who authorized the picture4 be chastised. We have a plethora of sensationalism via the Social Media, much of which should be labeled NOT FOR CHILDREN!
SUN-SENTINEL…take responsibility for your lack of judgement!

The Right to Bear Arms
By Marc Gagnon

I believe that this right is important to the United States Constitution.  In the picture of this article of the Sun Sentinel, there is an AK47.  AK47s are used to take down armies, not to protect oneself. With the incredible massacres in Colorado and Connecticut, you would think that the Sun Sentinel would also support another right, Free of the Press and their responsibility to protect the American People. I was recently asked to do a collage on the promotion of weapons. I thought about the children of these massacres, and I took a pass. I do believe though in the right to bear arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment