Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Jacques Wiesel blog on Why People do not Succeed in Life


DO NOT READ…UNLESS READY TO TAKE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE!

            As I enter my 54th year of motivation and sales training I try to come up with a common denominator which would explain human behavior, or misbehavior. After digging into history’s past, including my own I believe I have found a clue.

            This metaphor keeps popping up weekly, as I connect with new people. We are all in the driver’s seat of a huge dump truck, filled with all the NAYS in our life. These consist of the criticism we received in childhood, orchestrated by the following players:


a-Parents, who knew we would never amount to anything unless “programmed” by them, IN THEIR OWN IMAGE.

b-Environment…including our families, friends et al, who also professed to “help” us with their “WHAT I’M ABOUT TO TELL YOU IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!” tirades.

c-Teachers, too few of them memorable for understanding that “educare” means to draw forth from within, not shovel into like a bottomless pit.

d-Organized Religion, wherein we are trained to salivate, Pavlovian-style, the prayers for the day.

e-finally, ADVERTISING…arguably the worst attack on our minds, always making us feel inferior if we don’t align ourselves with their  3-letter mantra : “BUY… BUY!”

Covering this truck full of NEGATIVES is the ever-present enemy of personal growth, GUILT!

(To be continued).





No comments:

Post a Comment